Forum Discussion

MeesvanderMeule
Community Member
12 months ago

Animation does not work as intended

Edit: solved it! 

Hi all! 

I have an issue with an animation. 

I have an icon and I want it to move along a motion path when I hover. So far it's working. 

However, it is moving as well when I stop hovering. 

Does anyone have any tips? 

In the attacment I added a video of the issue. 

Kind regards, 

Mees 

• Hello Mees!

I'm happy to jump in! I agree with Phil; when you hover over the icon, the motion path will execute, and even if you hover out, the animation will continue until the end of the defined path. I prepared a quick Peek recording for you to illustrate this in a sample project with a motion path.

If you see a different behavior and are comfortable sharing your Storyline project file with us, you may share it here or privately in a support case. We'll delete it when we're done testing.

• Yes, it does, and that is working properly. However, it is doing some sort of bouncing after I hover out. Any suggestions for that? 

• Hi Eric, 

Thank you for your elaborate explanation. 

In the screenshot below I added my situation. 

If I would want to change this, would you have any suggestions?

• Hi Mees, 

Would it be possible to take a look at your .story file? It would be helpful so that we can get a closer look at the entire setup. Thanks!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

• Hi All, 

I've got it working! 

I'ts solved because an extra trigger: ''change state to hover, when user hovers over hotspot1, change state back to normal when mouse hovers out''. 

Kind regards, 

Mees 

• Hi Mees, 

That's great news! Glad to hear things are resolved on your end. We appreciate you sharing what did the trick in the thread. I'm sure it will be helpful to others who come across this post!

Hope that you have a great day and happy developing! ☀️