Forum Discussion

damiencashman
Community Member
4 months ago

Articulate 360 launchpad / Desktop App - Is it possible to remove entries

Hello community/support,

whilst i am only on a trial licence for Articulate 360 suite of programs, i am repackaging the suite of apps that comprise Articulate 360 for deployment to about 30 licenced endpoints in a corporate client  environment.  (Articulate 360, Peek, Replay, Storyline, Studio)

The question is this: if the application manager decides to go the x86 arch, is it possible to remove advertisement of Storyline 360 x64 beta from the launchpad; conversely, if Storyline beta x64 is preferred by the application manager, how can the advertised install of Storyline x86 be removed from the launchpad ?  And somewhat related, as the program logic makes the other arch available for install, i did try having both installed, at which point the x64 instance of Storyline would report an error and fail to launch. Uninstalling the x86 instance and repairing the x64 instance was successful, however when again installing the x86 instance, then the x64 instance would error and fail to launch.

i'm appreciative for any help the community can provide.

• Hi Damien!

It sounds like you're trying to remove a specific version of Storyline 360 from the desktop launcher! Happy to help with this!

If you select the downward-facing arrow next to the 'Open' button, you can uninstall that specific application from the desktop window.

However, users should be able to have both versions installed simultaneously without running into the errors you mentioned. As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest clearing the cache of the desktop app to see if that improves the behavior. If you're still running into trouble, please connect with our support engineers through a support case.

They'd be happy to continue troubleshooting with you!