Forum Discussion

WalterBosello
Community Member
2 months ago

Is it possible to freeze slides hierarchy

Hi
Sometimes, while working on complex hierarchies, it so happens I accidentally drag and drop a slide (Story view or Slide view, side panel), changing it's place in the scene. Sometimes it happens very subtly, while simply clicking on a slide to view it.
Is there a way to freeze and unfreeze the Slides hierarchy?
I think it would greatly improve the user experience.

AndrewHanley
    Community Member

Hi Walter, the short answers is no unfortunately. There is no way to "lock" the slides in the Scenes View Panel.

Ive never had this issue you describe, but I guess if you are working on a laptop with one of those horrible trackpads, then it might be easier to accidentally drag something.

However, I remember a while back on the forum this question was asked, and our wonderful Hero with your name had a clever workaround!:
    https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/locking-slides-in-place-in-storyline-360

Also, there is a feature request for this, so add your name to that and the more votes it gets, the more likely it is to be implemented.

Finally, there is a hidden feature that may help a bit?
    I can imagine this happening more if the slide thumbnails in the Scenes View panel are very very small. Sometimes Storyline does this.
    Holding CTRL + Mouse Wheel will zoom in or out in that Scenes View panel and allow you to make the slides much bigger. That should make it less likely to drag one!

Hope that helps! :)