Forum Discussion

InaiaAmbrosini
Community Member
3 months ago

Audio not available in the first slide

At the first slide of the course, the slide has audio (narration). After publishing it in SCORM 1.2 and uploading it to the Healthscreen LMS, the first slide appears without audio, and you can only hear the narration when you select the replay button. 

Is there a way to fix this problem when playing the course? Whether it's the first time you open it or not, the course should always begin with the first slide.
The audio appears after a few seconds. 

To do this, I created a screen with a play button so that the student is taken to the second screen with the narration available. 

What can I do to remove this play screen and allow the student to access the first slide directly with audio?
One piece of information: students use the Edge browser to access in-company courses, and some of them use Chrome. 

Thank you in advance for your attention. 

• Hello Inaia, 

Happy to help!

Most modern browsers have auto-playing of audio disabled to improve user experience. You can read about this policy in Google's official blog post here.

The way around this is to introduce an interaction in your course at the very beginning, which is what you are already doing if I'm not mistaken. Adding a mandatory interaction before a course is started is still the best workaround to get the audio to play as designed. 

I'll let other members jump in incase they have a Javascript solution that would be applicable here.