Forum Discussion

LiaFarnsworth-W
Community Member
2 months ago

Branching quiz results

I'm creating a course where learners need to answer one question correctly in each scene of the course. To pass the course, learners need to answer a total of 4 questions correctly. 

For more context, the course is set up with two questions per scene. I've set up each scene with branching so that if the learner answers the first question correctly, they "pass" and move on to the next scene. If they do not pass, they review additional content and then attempt the second question. The problem is that if they fail the first question, then answer the second question correctly, it appears as if they've achieved a score of 50% on the scene. I don't want the learner to be penalized for failing the first question.

I'm wondering if a potential way to solve this would be to have the final result report the number of questions answered correctly (or the total number of points), instead of the total percentage scored, but I'm stuck on the quiz results requiring a passing percentage.

Any ideas on how to set this up?

AaronPross
    Community Member

This may sound like overkill, but you could have a separate results slide for each question. It's not the cleanest solution, but it will get ya where you need to go. 

• To have the final result report the number of questions answered correctly, you will need a custom variable that increments by 1 for each correct answer. This variable should then be referenced on the Result slide to display the total number of correct answers.

However, if your goal is to pass learners based on a specific number of points, you can set the passing score to 50% (which means the learner passes even if one question is answered incorrectly) and reference the scored points instead of the score percentage on the Result slide. This approach allows you to achieve a similar outcome without needing a custom variable.

• Hi Lia!

Glad to see Aaron and Nedim have been helping you!

I noticed that you've also opened a support case that's being handled by my teammate, Mick. It looks like Mick replied to your e-mail sharing suggestions on your design request.

If you have any follow-up questions, feel free to reconnect with him through your case!