Forum Discussion

patpot
Community Member
4 months ago

Bug? Lightbox Breaks Changing State Triggers

There seems to be a bug when you trigger a lightbox on an object that has triggers for changing states (specifically hidden). I have boiled down my scene to the basic objects to replicate the error. File attached

1) userflow 1:

• Drag the Object A into the Trashcan.
  • Trigger: when user drops Object A onto Object B (Trashcan), change state of Object A to hidden (to mimic it's inside the trashcan). 
  • This works fine.

2) userflow 2:

• Double click on Object A to view its lightbox (a separate slide).
  • Close the lightbox.
  • Now drag Object A onto Object B (Trashcan). It no longer triggers the hidden state. Object A just sits on top of the Object B (Trashcan)It also sometimes flies off in weird ways.

I can't see what I'm doing wrong here. Is this a known lightbox bug?

• It seems to be a bug. If your design will allow it, it seems to work with layers, instead of lightboxes.

• Hi Peter!

Sorry to hear you've run into this issue! Glad to see Walt has been helping you!

After testing your file, I was able to replicate the same behavior. I have logged this as a bug in Storyline 360. I've linked this discussion to the bug report and will share updates as soon as a fix is in place. In the meantime, as a workaround, I agree with Walt's suggestion to use Layers instead of Lightboxes.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Sorry if this has been slowing you down!