Forum Discussion

KeturahKendrick
Community Member
21 days ago

Can others "see my course" after the trial ends?

Hi, my trial ends in a few days. I'm putting the links to microlearning I created in Storyline and an a course I created in Rise on my portfolio. I'm wondering if potential employers I'm sending my portfolio to will be able to access the content and do a run through it once my trial ends. I'm not sure how to check after the trail ends and I'd like to be able to have employers click into the content for the next several months as I apply to ID jobs.

• Hi Keturah! If you have published your course and are hosting it somewhere, like on your website, in an LMS, or on a server, a published course will still be viewable. But if you are just sending them the Rise share link or a Review 360 link, those are not going to last forever. Under the terms of service, "Following the termination or cancellation of Customer’s access to the Services, Articulate retains Customer Content for up to six (6) months pursuant to its record retention policy. After six (6) months, Articulate permanently deletes Customer Content from Articulate’s servers and cannot restore it." 

• As per the Terms of Service, you won't be able to access your Rise courses after your trial period ends. You also won't be able to see any courses you have in Review 360. And you won't be able to open any .story files.

You do have the right to keep any published output. For example, you could publish courses for the web, and upload them to a web server. Here's more info about that: How to Share an E-Learning Course on Your Intranet or Internet Website | Articulate - Community

Articulate will keep your Rise and Review content for up to 6 months after your trial ends. If you haven't bought a subscription by then, the content will be permanently deleted.