Forum Discussion

BentleyLittle
Community Member
7 hours ago

Change Font In Question Bank

I had made a question bank of nearly 40 slides/question with multiple layers. I started poking around found one of the preferred alternate fonts for my company and wanted to switch all of the text to that font instead of the default. I know I can go slide by slide, question by question, layer by layer, and change the font in each and every text box. But is there a way to set a uniform font for all of it or to be able to change all of them in swoop? Thank you for your time and help.

• As Jesse pointed out, changing the Master layout will adjust the fonts on the corresponding slides. At least, it will if you didn't edit the font directly on the slides. 

In essence, editing the font on the slide tells the program you don't want to follow the Master layout. So reapplying the layout won't work.

However, there is a quick way to change fonts throughout a course. Use the Replace Fonts function. Access that via the Find/Replace dropdown menu on the Home ribbon. 

In the Replace Fonts window, select the font you want to replace, select the font you want to use instead, and then click Replace. It's that simple.

Note that it will change all instances of the indicated font. So if you have some slides where you want that font changed and some where you want to keep the font, you will have to make the changes manually.

JesseWu
    Community Member

Top navigation bar -> View -> Slide master -> Edit Layout "Question" only -> Change font in Home, otherwise change font in "edit theme" will alter all slides -> Close Master View -> Apply Layout to desired slides deploy the changes you made.

Yes. Basically the same what you will do to a powerpoint.