Forum Discussion

celinebergeron
Community Member
4 years ago

Client's logo

Hi Everyone

I'm wondering where and when to put the client's logo in SL360. Is there any best practices regarding this topic. 

Thanks in advance.

I would like to end the discussion on this rapidly with my client :) 

Céline

• Hi Céline,

I don't think there is any 'best' practice regarding it, unfortunately! 

Some clients I've worked with have a small version as part of the general layout (as in it's visible on every slide either in any of the corners of the screen).

Whereas others I have worked with before had a 'splash' screen at the start and end of the module with a large animated logo.

It's completely up to them or you how it's done, I would come up with some options and let them pick!

All the best,

James.

celinebergeron
      Community Member

James...just thinking about it right now. What would be your response if the client is concerned about printing the Elearning course for whatsoever the reason?

Thanks in advance

Céline

• Hi James,

I appreciate your time. Thanks a lot!.

I'll make them choose then, ...with some guidance :)

Have a great day and all the best

Céline

• Hi, Céline,

This is another question for which the answer is "it depends." 

If a course will be available to people outside the company, then it makes sense to include the company logo (and probably a bit of other info) on a splash screen at the beginning. And the logo could be incorporated into the slides, though I'd avoid it. Or, at least, keep it relatively small and unobtrusive. 

If a course is only for employees, the logo could be included on the title slide (along with any necessary notes, such as "for internal use only"). But I see no need for a fancy splash screen nor for including the logo on every slide. After all, people know what company they work for. (As a learner, I resent having to sit through even a 10-second logo animation that just tells the company name.) 

If the course will somehow be published in a printable/distributable format, then it makes sense to include the appropriate copyright info up front. That could be added separately (i.e., it wouldn't have to appear in the course.

IMHO.