Forum Discussion

jeroach2413
Community Member
13 days ago

Course completing in client's LMS in the first five slides

Hello All,

We have multiple courses that we have completed for a client where it is completing early in their LMS, in the first five slides. The client uses SCORM 1.2 and the courses were initially set to complete at 100% of slides viewed. We have made the following changes to try to resolve this issue:

• Added a manual course complete trigger to timeline start of last slide and changed the tracking to Using triggers to complete course.
  • Changed version number in Reporting and Tracking Options.
  • Changed Identifier information in Reporting and Tracking Options.
  • Published out a brand new sample project with the tracking set to when the learner has view 100% of slides to eliminate any other variables that may be slipped in during development.
    • This resulted in the same early completion.
  • We are unable to recreate this issue in SCORM Cloud. All courses test and, based on the debugger, send a complete status on the final slide.

We are in the process of reaching out to the client's LMS support for troubleshooting, but in the meantime, I was wondering if anyone has come across this issue before.

• If you were successful using SCORM cloud then I agree that contacting the LMS Support is the best step since it feels like the issue may be localized there.

jeroach2413
    Community Member

After further investigation and communication, it looks as if the course is being completed when the user closes the course.

Noel
    Community Member

^agreed. It appears that the completed status is passing to the LMS when the user closes the course. I'm being particular with my wording as I do not know the actual process of "exiting" the course from within the client's testing environment. We do not have access to directly test within their environment.

I believe the system is the old SABA LMS.

Does anyone reading along have experience with such an error? We have provided the client a very simple file for testing, without triggers or scripts, yet the course tracks as complete whenever the user leaves the course. Settings are such that it should only track as complete when the user has viewed 100% of the slides. We have tried 80% and total slide count as well.

We are publishing to SCORM 1.2 per client specs.

We have opened a support ticket, but the response is if it's working in SCORM Cloud, it's good. That's not helping though! We are hoping some users have come across this and can offer some advice.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!