Forum Discussion

JenifferBrubake
Community Member
22 hours ago

Closed Captioning Tips and Proposed Improvements

I've found a way to quickly create captions for my Storyline files by importing my audio files to Microsoft Clipchamp and selecting the Captions (CC) option. Clipchamp quickly creates the .srt files making it very easy to import these files into the Storyline captions editor. I typically need to break up a couple of the captions, so the periods are at the end of the caption and not in the middle (personal preference) and quickly check the spelling of common homophones (e.g. die could be spelled dye, etc.). Does Articulate have any plans to add spellcheck to captions?

My biggest issue with the Storyline captions is the editing screen. When I expand the window to fill my screen in the hopes of being able to see it better, the audio is the only component that gets bigger. I don't need to see the audio in this screen; I need to see the captions and the preview. I can barely see these on my screen because they are so small! Hopefully Articulate can increase the viewing size of these components in a future update!

No RepliesBe the first to reply