Forum Discussion

ElineMullet
Community Member
6 years ago

cmi.location problem

Hi all, 

I have a problem with the cmi.location value :-(

The course send a cmi.location value to the LMS (for exemple index.html # / lessons / ii6QMNUh03cXb_-S69OF8mO0O33hzAs3).

The problem occurs when the course is updated (new export in Rise and update files on the LMS) : this value is requested by the updated module but it blocks it when it tries to read it. In this case, when the learner launch the course, it’s a blank page. By deleting it in the LMS, the course can restart again but from the beginning.

The module should maintain the compatibility of the recorded data when it is updated.

Is it possible? 

Thanks for your help !

Eline

• Hi there,

is there any update regarding this issue?  It's been quite a while since the last update.

Kind regards,

Reto

• Hi Reto! Sorry, no updates on this just yet. We'll reach out to you if we have an update or new information to share. Thanks for following up on this!

• Hi, everyone! I wanted to share a recent change we made in Rise 360.

Some learners would see a blank page upon resuming a course you've updated in your LMS. You can now choose to reset learner progress when they launch a course. Click here for more information.

Let us know if you have any questions about this enhancement! 

MSch
    Community Member

Hi Alyssa, 

thank you for working on this issue and for sharing the solution.

No problem has been reported to us after course updates for the last two months. Therefore, we have not used or tried the solution yet.

Currently we publish Rise courses in one language only. Since one week, we have been receiving feedback again that a blank page appears after course updates (published in one language).

Unfortunately, the workaround doesn't work in our LMS. The described function "Then, when learners launch the newly updated course in your LMS, their progress will be reset. Their quiz data will be retained." isn't working. The blank page is still there. And users progress within the course and whithout this issue (blank page) is still the same, too. 

Which LMS settings are necessary from your point of view?

Which settings and further steps to solve the problem do you suggest? 

Thank you!

• Hello, Marianna!

When you published the newest version of your course, did you click More Settings and enable the Reset Learner Progress option, shown below? This option should prevent the learner from seeing a blank screen when they relaunch the updated course.

MSch
    Community Member

Hello Alyssa,

yes, I have enabled the option before exporting. The function should also work with SCORM 2004, 3rd version, right? 

Today I reopened my "export" view in Rise360.

Normally, all the last export settings made are saved im my Rise360 profile view. In this case this is still like that, only the new function "Reset lerner progress" was deactivated again. It seems that this setting is not saved. Could that be the reason for the problem?

Is this intended / correct? 

Best regards, Marianna 

• Hi Marianna! Yes, it's expected that you would need to enable the Reset Learner Progress setting each time you publish the content.

If that option is enabled and learners are still seeing a blank screen when you update the content, we'd love to take a closer look. Would you mind sharing the exported output file with us privately in a case here