Forum Discussion

AnuPrabhakara-8
Community Member
5 months ago

Content jumping to storyline block instead of start of the lesson

Hi everyone

I seem to be having an issue in my RISE course - when I select a particular lesson in my course, it jumps to the storyline block in that lesson instead of the beginning of the lesson. It seems to happen intermittently. Have I accidentally turned on any settings that I shouldn't have?

Thanks

Anu

• Hi Everyone!

I'm happy to share that we released a new update for Rise 360!

This update fixes the issue you ran into where a Rise 360 lesson immediately jumps to the Embed Block with Microsoft Forms. There's nothing to install for web apps. New features and fixes are immediately available!

Please let us know if you have any questions about this update or the issue you reported!

• Hi Anu,

Sorry to hear that you ran into this issue. 

I tested the behavior using a Rise 360 course with an embed block but didn't observe any jumping when moving to the lesson. Here's a link to the course that I used for testing. I'd like to ask a few questions to clarify your experience: 

• How are you testing or accessing your course? Do you observe the issue when you preview your course, or does it only happen when it is published?
    • Is the behavior browser-specific? 
    • Can you replicate the behavior in a new Rise 360 course using any embedded Storyline 360 content?

If you can replicate the behavior in preview mode, try deleting and adding the embedded Storyline 360 block to see if this fixes the issue. If the problem persists, please open a case with our support team here so we can test the behavior to see what's happening.

• Hi Jose, it seems to be happening specifically with a storyline block where I have embedded MS Forms as hyperlink. The same behaviour is happening in both Edge and Chrome. Is there a different way to embed the MS Forms? I don't to link it externally from RISE.

EricSantos
      Staff

Hi Anu,

Happy to chime in! I appreciate you sharing your setup to help us provide better recommendations. Aside from embedding the MS Forms as hyperlinks in Storyline 360, you can embed them as Web objects. Try this, and let me know if your Rise 360 course will still jump to the Storyline block.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

AmyFox
    Community Member

I am having this problem when embedding MS form as an iframe (multimedia > embed > then my iframe text) (not using Storyline). When the lesson is open all content is skipped and it goes straight to the multimedia block. I would prefer the forms be embedded rather than pop out links.

• Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share an update regarding this behavior. We are currently tracking a known issue wherein a Rise 360 lesson immediately jumps to an embed block with Microsoft Forms. The known workaround is to add a Continue block right after the embedded form to prevent the jump. I've added this ELH post to the bug report and we'll notify you as soon as a fix is released!

• Thank you everyone for the helpful suggestions. Inserting a Continue block before the form seemed to stop this behaviour. I will be on the lookout for a notification when a fix is released for this bug. 

SimonLindsay
    Community Member

Inserting the continue block works the first time someone access the course but not if they go back a 2nd time as the continue buttons dissapear... any update on when this will be fixed?

• Hi Simon!

Thanks for reaching out. We don't have any updates to share at this time. I've gone ahead and added your voice to the report. We'll be sure to update this thread if we have any news to share in the future!

Have a great start to your day! 

• Hi Everyone!

I'm happy to share that we released a new update for Rise 360!

This update fixes the issue you ran into where a Rise 360 lesson immediately jumps to the Embed Block with Microsoft Forms. There's nothing to install for web apps. New features and fixes are immediately available!

Please let us know if you have any questions about this update or the issue you reported!