Forum Discussion

DianeHorne-f6bc
Community Member
5 years ago

Delete blocks in a Rise 360 Template

Is it possible to delete a block that is in a Rise 360 template (see attached)?

Nothing shows when hovering over the block.

• Good news, everyone! You can now turn off lesson headers from the Themes menu. Have a look at this new toggle at the top of the lesson headers section, and let us know how it works for you!

• Thanks for your question, Diane! While it's not possible to remove the lesson header, I'll let our team know you need that option.

We'll let you know if we add that feature in the future. 

• Do I understand correctly that there is no way to delete a block in Rise 360? I see plenty of options to add blocks --- meaning it is REALLY easy to accidentally add one you don't actually want --- but no way to delete one you don't want. No trash can, no right-click menu, nothing! I can't believe software without an undo or delete function could really exist...could it? I briefly saw an option to select a different style for the same type of block, which would at least be something, but I don't even know where that came from and have not been able to find it again. Help!

KarlMuller
      Community Member

Hi Dennis.

Welcome to the Rise forums.

Every block has a delete button on the far right as shown below:

• Similarly, it looks like I can't even delete or change the photo or change the number of questions in an accordion block!? I must be missing something. How do I do that?

KarlMuller
      Community Member

Hi Dennis.

You can do both of those things.

To change the photo in an accordion block, select Edit on the left side of the accordion block. 

That will display all items in the accordion block.

Scroll down until you see the image you want to change.

Click on Edit to the right of the image thumbnail

That will display options to replace or remove the image.

To add another item to an accordion block, select Edit on the left side of the accordion block. 

Scroll down all the way through the list of items.

At the very bottom, select ADD ITEM.

• Thank you. I don't seem to have and Edit or Delete option, maybe because I am on a 7-day trial?

KarlMuller
      Community Member

Hi Dennis.

You should see the buttons, even if you are using a trial account.

Which browser are you using?

Chrome and Edge work best.

Ensure that the browser is fully updated, and that your browser view is set to 100%.

DennisTivey-5c2
        Community Member

Chrome at 100%. Maybe I will try Edge in case Chrome is not fully updated (our IT controls updates here).

MaurleenPlant
    Community Member

The edit and delete buttons do not show for me when I use Chrome. It works fine in Safari.

hazelB
      Staff

Hi Maulreen!  Sorry to hear you can't see the edit and delete buttons when using Google Chrome.  Please try these tips:

1. Please make sure that your browser is updated.

2. Try other supported browsers and check if you are still getting the issue. This will check if the issue is browser-specific.

3. Please access Rise in Incognito or InPrivate window (Windows: Press Ctrl + Shift + n. Mac: Press ⌘ + Shift + n) Sometimes plugins cause odd behavior, do you still get the same issue when in Incognito?

4. If the above steps do not work, kindly try clearing your cache to see if it will resolve the issue. 

• Hello - I'm having the same issue. Latest version of Edge, have cleared cache, on a trial, can't remove blocks!! Pretty poor first experience. Any suggestions beyond those welcome

• Good news, everyone! You can now turn off lesson headers from the Themes menu. Have a look at this new toggle at the top of the lesson headers section, and let us know how it works for you!