Forum Discussion

DavidSteele1
Community Member
8 days ago

Dialog Layer issue - swiping PREV when locked down makes player controls available.

We have a course where the user is required to complete a task (and can't select PREV or NEXT until the task is complete.) There is a Dialog layer that the user can access which shows them a form; the base timeline is paused and they can close the Dialog layer with a big X. Also, the player controls are disabled as per usual. However, if the user is on a mobile device and attempts to swipe PREV (that is, touch and swipe to the right), when they release the swipe action the player controls become available--even though they are still on the Dialog layer. Has anyone else encountered this? See screenshots below. 

Image 1: Dialog layer is open; player controls are unavailable as normal / expected.

Image 2: User is swiping to the right (as in trying to swipe PREV). You can see the screen is sliding to the right (as normal) but the player controls are still unavailable (as expected).

Image 3: As soon as the swipe motion is released, the screen returns to its normal position; however, now the player controls are active / available, though the user is still on the Dialog layer. (NOTE: while the PREV button appears active, there is in fact a variable preventing it from working until the task is complete).

Anyone else see a similar behaviour on dialog layers?

• I would recommend logging a case for this one. It does not look like expected behaviour.

• Hi DavidSteele1!

Sorry to hear you've run into this issue! Glad to see Sam has been helping you!

I've opened a support case on your behalf so our support engineers can test this behavior with the appropriate hardware. Can you clarify which mobile device and operating system you are working with? Also, it would be helpful to see a copy of the .story file that was used. I've sent you an e-mail containing an upload link you can use to share that file privately.

You're in excellent hands troubleshooting with our support engineers and we can continue the conversation through your case!