Forum Discussion

PhoebeLu-de754b
Community Member
5 years ago

Does Rise have the feature of "find and replace"?

Hello all,

I am going to find and replace a word with some other word in RISE. Do you know if RISE has the same feature/tab as Storyline 360 that can find and replace the word throughout the whole course? I couldn't find any post related to this  RISE issue. 

Thank you very much in advance!

Phoebe

StanDormer
    Community Member

This is what we do as a workaround.

I launch RISE 360 in Chrome and open the module I'm interested in in EDIT mode. Then using Ctrl+F (Find) or choosing Settings -> Find I put the word I'm looking for in the search box.

This then gives me a navigable structure that allows me to move around the open document.

When I see the word I'm looking for I can immediately overtype the word. Or, where we have a phrase to replace, I'll put the replacement phrase or word in a Notepad document then copy and paste it from NotePad over the text to overwrite the occurrence.

This is quite fast and saves having to have two copies of the Rise module open at the same time.

I haven't tried it yet, but you can export content from RISE in an XLIFF format for translation and I was wondering if the export file could be opened in an Editor, then find and replace applied, then reimport the changed XLIFF file. 

Regards, Stan.

CherylPayton
      Community Member

Thank you, Stan. This is great!

Cheryl Payton
      QA Analyst and Technical Training Coordinator
      Corporate Information Services (CIS)
      CIS Systems Training Initiative Program
      Health and Hospital Corporation of Marion County

• Thanks for sharing your thoughts Your Call L& D and Phyllis! We'll be sure to update this thread if we have any news or updates to share in the future. 

Phyllis: It looks like part of your email signature came through when you replied via email. You can remove that if needed by clicking ‘Edit’ beneath your response. Here’s a quick Peek video if you need help.

Hope you both have a great start to the week!