Forum Discussion

BrandonAtkins-6
Community Member
6 days ago

Suggested Feature in SL360

I searched the boards to see if I was missing something, and I didn't find it, so I thought I'd suggest a feature. If there is a way to do this, please let me know.

When setting up my slides, I have buttons that I use to control the state of the next button. In most cases, the built-in visited state is enough. However, I sometimes have slide layers where I want the learner to listen to the audio without being able to click to another layer until the audio is complete. I have been creating a transparent box over the buttons to prevent them from being clicked, but I dislike having to rely on invisible objects on the screen and prefer to use object states.

I know that I can set triggers to disable the buttons until the audio completes, but that creates a new problem: if an object was visited, then my trigger sets it to disabled, then another trigger sets it back to normal, then the object that I've already visited is no longer considered visited in Storyline. This is an issue when the active state of my next button is dependent on all buttons being "visited" (or a custom state of completion) and I have multiple triggers that are setting all of the buttons to disabled or normal (I hope I'm explaining this in a way that makes sense). 

So, my suggestion: would it be possible to add a "Resume Previous State of" trigger as an alternative to the "Change State of" option?

No RepliesBe the first to reply