Forum Discussion

FrankFerg
Community Member
3 months ago

drag and drop functionality i forgot about

Hi guys,

happy almost Friday to you ;)  Need your help with a drag and drop please. 

It's attached.

Basically not sure if using this model in the course or not.  As it stands right now, the goal is to demonstrate some of the functionally of storyline's drag and drop abilities so the goal basically is to have copies to demonstrate different drag and drop options so the team can decide what they like or don't, but they have no idea what's possible so our task is to demonstrate storyline's abilities here.  not to totally make a broken drag and drop work.  multiple not working copies demonstrating variance are better than one working one to show only one feature. 

Up until the beginning of this year, I've seen every one of your training videos but haven't touched storyline since 2023, so need a little help remembering it all ~.-

In my quick example slide from memory is we want to have a motion path, or 2? not sure but the start point has an end point of 0 distance for it to stack correctly is how i remember the motion path working but forgot and the 2nd thing I'd like to do is demonstrate some of the various ways the file can disappear as it hits target trash can or target file cabinet.  I recall you can swirl these and then disappear or a variety of cool things I've forgotten.

Please take a look and advise for proper drag and drop functionality.

Thanks and looking forward to your response

Ferd

FrankFerg
    Community Member

I just remember what i was building last year and why my drag and drop skills suck ::( 

I had this designed but didn't implement. 

With HTML WebXR is built in so can use Babalonjs to 3d render AR objects, then load as an html object in storyline.  can't remember if that object is json or what storyline means by html object for a slide, which would be different than loading an iframe.  Maybe SL is different since 2023

Anyways, the AR works because it's sitting on my nginx server, which hands off to node then express loads the javascript listener (cant remember exactly)  babylon renders the 3d objects and the storyline user drags them across the slide as they animate.  

I have a design not yet implemented to integrate chatGPT into Storyline as a web object I could share for fun or maybe you already figured this out and can share yours? 

Thanks again

Ferd

FrankFerg
    Community Member

Standing in line at CVS I did research with Gemini and need hotspots and motion paths so please hold on this while I figure out what I forgot how to do.  Thanks