Forum Discussion

LoraZabik
Community Member
3 months ago

Dropbox as webserver to store Rise 360 course - LinkedIn

Has anyone used Dropbox as the webserver instead of Amazon S3 or Google Cloud to store courses to be shared?  I was able to save the Rise 360 course I developed in Dropbox, but when I copy the URL for the html.index file and paste into LinkedIn (Recommended > Add Feature > Add a link) it's saying that it doesn't recognize the link.  Note, when I try to open the html.index file in Dropbox it doesn't open to the course, which I'm not sure why since I'm saving the extracted files to Dropbox and the file opens before it's uploaded into Dropbox.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?  Is Dropbox not the way to go here?  I already pay for Dropbox and don't want to have to have another payment to store courses to share.   

Any help or steps to take would be much appreciated!  

PhilFoss
    Community Member

Lora, I did some quick research and it looks like you USED to be able to use dropbox to serve up web-accessible documents, but no longer. I pay for a hosting package through godaddy and use their cpanel/ftp to upload courses.

LoraZabik
      Community Member

Thank you for your response! Do you know if OneDrive can be used? Again, don't want to pay for another provider if I don't need to.

I tried to share the html.index file from OneDrive, but when I copy/paste the URL link and try to open course on LinkedIn it displays a white screen.

Any idea what may be happening here?

Lora Zabik

LoraZabik
    Community Member

Tom,

I ended up purchasing pCloud.  Still having the same issue when I upload the html.index file...just get a blank screen when I try to open in LinkedIn .  I'm very frustrated at this point since I have now purchased both Dropbox and pCloud with no solution.  What am I doing wrong here?  I'm extracting all files once I select the Web option in Rise 360 and uploading the html.index (tried complete folder as well...didn't work) file to pClould and then copying URL link to paste in LinkedIn. 

Do you by chance have the proper steps I need to follow to make this happen?  Doesn't seem like it should be this difficult.

LoraZabik
    Community Member

When I open the uploaded file (html.index) in pCloud I get a screen with all of the coding for the course.  FYI...file opens in my documents location prior to uploading.

LoraZabik
        Community Member

Thank you, Ginger! I was finally able to figure it all out this morning after I purchased pCloud. I now have my course on my LinkIn profile.👍

Lora Zabik