Forum Discussion

AdamCochran
      Community Member
      Nedim Ramic

Great! Thank you for sharing.

Thanks Nedim, it ended up being more complex than we thought it would be. It's a project where I wanted to see if what I wanted to do was possible and it is.

RhodaGreen
    Community Member

That was really fun! I can think of lots of uses for it. It looks like it was quite complex to create.

Can you tell me the triggers and variables used to spin the wheel and generate random numbers? (no problem if you don't want to or don't have time.)

AdamCochran
      Community Member
      Rhoda Green

That was really fun! I can think of lots of uses for it. It looks like it was quite complex to create.

Can you tell me the triggers and variables used to spin the wheel and generate random numbers? (no problem if you don't want to or don't have time.)

Thanks Rhoda! It was a fun challenge to work on.

Due to company confidentiality, I can't go into detail about the triggers and variables. But I can say that one thing that helped tremendously was working on one piece at a time. Sort of working backwards. Start with the spinner and then work backwards from there. Ran into a lot of issues that I hadn't considered, so I would have to re-frame how things would affect each other.

As for the random number, it was a JavaScript random number function. Also used that to have it select random decks of cards and random cards from that specific deck.

RhodaGreen
    Community Member

Thank you for the hints Adam! That really does help me to figure out how to do something similar. Bravo on a great game!

AdamCochran
      Community Member
      Lauren Connelly

Hi Adam!

This is such a fun build! Thank you for sharing!

Happy to share! The newer features definitely help with projects like this.