Forum Discussion

DanielaSlater-4
Community Member
2 years ago

Endless timeline

Hi,

I have buttons to show layers when user clicks. If I leave it too long without clicking, all the layers (popups) appear. How do I make the timeline endless to wait for the user to click?

Dani

• Why does the timeline need to be endless? Is the slide jumping at the end? 

You can change that in the slide properties

• Sounds like you may have other triggers that are showing the layers on timeline end.

• Sorry, actually, this one doesn't have layers. The btn is Normal and a trigger changes the state to Hidden revealing the text behind it.

• I moved the timeline "End' up to 35 seconds. Is there a way to extend it to "endless" or what is the farthest and is there an easy way to set it there rather than dragging it?

• You cannot have an infinite timeline, but could remove the exit animation so they only disappear when clicked.

• Thank you Phil.  I think I should have known this - forgot.

Thanks again.

Dani

PhilMayor
      Super Hero

No worries, simple fix!

Sent from my iPhone

JulianaHeaton
    Community Member

Hi! I am having a similar but different issue. I have a very complex interaction, and the timeline is running out for users. I am not sure I can just put in a pause toward the end because of the interactions and variables. Is extending the timeline out farther my best option? 

• What happens when the timeline runs out? I would start there. If the timeline runs out, what do you lose? Are there time-sensitive actions that the system takes that don't happen until the end? Are there actions the system takes that depend on learner action?

Being able to see what is happening makes it a lot easier to help. Attach your .story file here, and someone can take a look at it.