Forum Discussion

FaySicker
Community Member
6 years ago

How can I maintain image quality in this scenario

Hiya,

I have imported some SmartArt from PowerPoint into Storyline. After doing so, the image looked sharp.  I added some text layers and buttons in Storyline and published it to Review 360.  I then imported the slide as a Storyline Block into a Rise Course. 

The text added in Storyline is crystal clear.  But the Smart Art image that was imported from PowerPoint is quite blurry. 

What am I doing wrong?  Is there a way to fix this?

• Hi Fay,

I have great news to share! We are no longer seeing this issue in our latest version of Storyline 360 (Build 3.73.29831.0), where SmartArt graphics imported from PowerPoint are blurry when published.

To make sure your software is up-to-date, please launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and select the Update button next to Storyline 360. I've included our step-by-step instructions here!

• Hi there, Fay. We'd love to help you! Can you privately share your Storyline file for us to test in Rise 360? We'll let you know what we think and delete your files when we're done troubleshooting.

FaySicker
      Community Member

Hi Crystal,

I was able to open the link you shared by clicking on the link within the email.

The case number is 01969348.

Thanks for helping!

FaySicker
    Community Member

Hi Crystal. 

Thanks for offering to help!  I tried clicking on the link you sent and I received an HTTP ERROR 503.  Let me know how to get this to you.

• Hi! Ironically another "Faye" is having the same issue. This happens to me all the time. Depending on the SmartArt selection, I would have to recreate it in Storyline for a crisp outcome. I'm attaching an example of a SmartArt image in PowerPoint and the outcome I get in Storyline. 

To remedy the problem, I tried to publish at 100% quality, but no change.

Any ideas?

FaySicker
      Community Member

Another Fay/e S. no less!!  

Renz is currently looking into this.  I believe the image looks sharp for her, but not for me. Could be a browser issue? Unfortunately we don't have an answer yet.

Crystal-Horn
      Staff

Hi there, Faye. We identified this as a bug that SmartArt graphics look blurry when published from Storyline. I'm sorry I don't have a workaround at this time, but I'm tagging this discussion to be updated with any fixes. You'll get an email notification of any new posts since you've responded to this discussion!

• Hi Fay,

I have great news to share! We are no longer seeing this issue in our latest version of Storyline 360 (Build 3.73.29831.0), where SmartArt graphics imported from PowerPoint are blurry when published.

To make sure your software is up-to-date, please launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and select the Update button next to Storyline 360. I've included our step-by-step instructions here!