Forum Discussion

HeatherVogt-d32
Community Member
9 days ago

Rise not maintaining text formatting

Hello, beautiful people! πŸ˜€ I wanted to know if anyone's seen this behavior in Rise before and how they fixed it.

I'm copying and pasting translated content in a Word doc to Rise, switching the English for French-Canadian.

The problem I keep having (and it's really frustrating) is the copy and pasted content from the Word doc doesn't hold the Rise text formatting when I drop it in Rise, namely text size.

In the image above I copied the French-Canadian text from the Word doc and dropped it on top of the English that was there before. As you can see, the font size for the English (17) didn't hold. 

I have to go through each pasted bit of text to change the text size. 

While that might not sound like a big deal, the translated content is 37 pages long and I don't have all day. 

I've never had this problem before; I've always been able to just drop the copy-paste text from Word to Rise, with Rise maintaining the font size of the content that was there originally. 

Is there a setting I'm missing that's making this happen? This is day two of this mess. 

Thanks for any help!

Ange
    Community Member

Hi Heather,

This link has some info updates on text and a possible solution. 
    Rise - text no longer ...
    What I have done in the past is to save the original word doc as plain text, doing so strips out all the text formatting. Then I copy and paste the plain text into Rise and it takes on the Rise formatting.