Forum Discussion

RibanaMos-b40b4
Community Member
3 months ago

How to create a simple branching scenario in Storyline with a "meter" that fluctuates depending on the learners' decisions

Hi dear community

I am a total beginner with Storyline, but I would like to create a simple branching scenario for a compliance training on "corruption" that looks like this:
Learners start with a "clean slate" and navigate through various situations. As they make decisions, a "corruption risk meter" fluctuates, providing immediate feedback on their choices.

As far as I understood, I would need to make use of variables and conditions for such a setup/flow. However, since I am a total beginner, it is hard to imagine the steps of how to build this from scratch in Storyline.

Has anyone built such a "gamified" scenario before and would be willing to share their template or tips?

Thank you! :D 

• I put a slider on the slide master so that it shows on each page.  

I used a trigger on the user's selection to either add 1 or subtract 1 from the variable tied to the slider:

• Add 1 to Slider1 when the user clicks Correct Answer
    • Subtract 1 from Slider1 when the user clicks Incorrect Answer

I also added a trigger to show a layer with a mask over the answers so the users couldn't change their answer. I also added a Next button to move forward.  

Easier to see than to describe, see the attached file. It loops after the second question so you can see how the slider works