Forum Discussion

MarissaShervin
Community Member
2 years ago

Icons on "flashcard" button not disappearing in selected state

Hello,

I am trying to make a set a flashcards on my slide that have icons on the front and text on the back. I created the shapes and added them to a button set. For each shape, I have a normal and a selected state, and when I look in the States window, it looks right. There is just the icon in the normal state, and just the text in the selected state. However, when I preview the slide, the icon remains over the text when I click on the shape, so I can't read the text. I included two screenshots. If you can let me know what's wrong or if there's a better way to accomplish this, that would be great!

Marissa

• Hello Marissa,

Sorry to hear that you ran into this issue. 

This looks like a bug based on the screenshot and the reported behavior. Would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can verify this for you? We'll delete it when we're done testing!

• Hi, Nicole!

Thanks for reaching out and I'm so sorry to hear that you're experiencing this as well! If you're comfortable sharing your file with our team, I'd be happy to take a closer look at what's going on. You can upload it here or privately in a support case. We'll delete it from our systems once troubleshooting is complete!

• Done.
    How many support cases and files are needed before it's determined to be a bug and fixed with an update? Thanks!

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Nicole!

Happy to share some insight on this!

Great move on opening a support case and sharing your file with our support engineers! It looks like my colleague Luiza tested your file and was able to reproduce the issue where the 'normal' state of an object persists through other states. I see that Luiza replied to your e-mail with some feedback and workaround steps you can try while our team looks into this issue further.

Depending on priority and risk, some bugs can be fixed quickly, while others take longer to resolve. For your reference, here's a closer look at how we identify and tackle bugs.

We'll be sure to keep you apprised of any news or developments regarding this issue and can continue this conversation over in your support case.

BlackboardWinth
        Community Member

We are having the same issue. Is there a public document with work arounds? 

• Again, this has worked for years. I asked for an update on this and here's Articulate's reply:

"We've determined that it's expected for the objects in the 'normal' state to persist in the other states because Storyline treats the latter as layers on top of the 'normal' state. As a result, the other states are adornments of the 'normal' state. Because of this, we've considered this a feature request instead of a software bug."

Basically they are turning a bug into a feature request. 

GerryDoyle
    Community Member

This is a very frustrating update as the way it worked before was fine. It basically means I need to create a blank normal state and then a custom default state if I want to use different icons in each state.