Forum Discussion

JohnBlack
Community Member
13 years ago

Importing vector graphics

Storyline works with vector graphics (shapes, cartoon characters, etc.) but I can't figure out a way to import them. I can insert an eps file in PowerPoint and import into Storyline, but the vector is converted to a raster. Can it be done somehow?

• I'm learning Storyline because it is an industry standard. After reading Importing SVG Images from PowerPoint  I realized that Storyline does not support PowerPoint Mac (v16.16.21)  and I cannot import a very mundane svg vector file which is the standard for vector graphics on the web .

I now understand the true meaning of "E-Learning Heroes". What a waste of time!

Hey Articulate, please build your app on macOS, you'll have native PDF support without needing to re-invent a very very old wheel.

No vector file support in 2020 for a presentation and animation tool, come on! You are resting on your laurels!

I'm looking at other solutions like the 50$ Hype which does much better in terms of design and animation.

ArsyNara
    Community Member

Finally we can import the svg file to SL360 with the help of Powerpoint. But what's the point if the output of the html5 svg becomes a raster image?

ArsyNara
    Community Member

I have tried many times to import SVG to SL360 and when published it turns into a raster image. So what's the difference with just using png?

ArsyNara
    Community Member

I really hope that whatever the file format is (svg, emf, wmf, eps) I just need it to be scalable when published to html5