Forum Discussion

FrancescoElearn
Community Member
4 months ago

include different sidebars in different scenes

Dear Articulate Implementers,

We are an Italian e-learning company. Our customers ask us many things. One of these, in particular, caught our attention and I hope yours too.

We need to use the free bar in one scene and lock the sidebar in another scene. Can something like this be implemented? In my opinion, the possibility of freeing the lock/unlock functionality of the sidebar by slide could be included into the slide properties (see attachment).

Hope I gave you a hint. Otherwise, if nothing can be done, I thank you for the attention you gave me.

Thanks, good job!

• There's no Storyline setting for switching the Menu between free and restricted navigation. 

However, you can hide the Menu for designated slides by deselecting it from the Player features in the Slide Properties. 

And you can delete slides from the Menu, which prevents the user from jumping to those slides. 

You could use one or both of those options to ensure users have to go through the restricted scene in order. 

Or consider the option Ginger presents in this episode of Quick Tips: https://training.articulate.com/webinars/quick-tips-and-tricks-episode-91