Forum Discussion

HamishDewe-d284
Community Member
3 years ago

Inline code and syntax highlighting

Has anyone got any experience of creating courses in Rise that use a lot of code?

We have a requirement for use of inline code and syntax highlighted code blocks and have yet to find a good way of doing so in Rise.

Any ideas would be welcome, especially if you've solved the inline code limitation!

Thanks!

KarlMuller
    Community Member

Hi Hamish,

The Code Snippet block is intended for this purpose, but it's far from perfect as there is no color formatting, etc.

HamishDewe-d284
      Community Member

Thanks Karl. I was really hoping for inline code like var a = 'text' without having to drop out of context for a code snippet.

TonyKay
    Community Member

Yes same here. In a technical course you often just want to reference an example just as Hamish shows above. And ironically this forum allows him to do just that. Our more complex content can't migrate easily to rise without becoming very "clunky". 

• Hi, this is a very needed feature for us too! Would be great if you can allow us to highlight code in normal paragraphs. See how Slack does it:

GrenForonda
      Staff

Hi Sean!

I see that you have also created a new post for your feature request; and I replied to this new post as well, see here.

Hope you have a lovely day!