Forum Discussion

JulieMahony
Community Member
6 days ago

Issue: Learner failing quiz and not being offered a retry option when tries are unlimited.

Hi, I am wondering anyone else is experiencing the same issue. We have all quizzes at the default setting of unlimited tries however a few learners (in different locations at different times and across two modules now) are failing the quiz on their first attempt and not being offered the 'retry' option. The 'completed' circle doesn't appear, they can't restart the quiz and they can't continue. This is a real challenge as we are in the middle of a national roll out! Any ideas? Thanks

• Hello Julie,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with the quizzes. It sounds like some of your learners are observing this behavior, but not all of them are. Can you check if they are using the latest version of a supported browser?

Also, are you using Rise 360 or Rise.com to develop your courses? If it is Rise 360, did you upload your course to an LMS, and what LMS are you using?

I am looking forward to your response.

JulieMahony
    Community Member

Hi Eric, thanks for your reply. Our team don't personally manage their browser, the organisation uses Edge nationally. We develop the content rise.articulate.com. We use Cornerstone on Demand. 

JulieMahony
    Community Member

Actually Eric, I'm not sure how to tell which one we use to develop courses. I work from a link - how do I tell?

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hello Julie, 
      Thanks for the additional information. It sounds like you created your course on the Rise platform. I'd like to ask a few questions to clarify your learner's experience: 

You'll also want to ask the affected learners to try clearing their browser's cache, in case this is a browser issue. If it persists, please open a case with our support team here for further assistance.