Forum Discussion

JohnKozlovic
Community Member
8 hours ago

Issue with variables and triggers

I have had a look through the current list of variable and trigger oriented posts and can't quite find a similar issue or resolution to my problem. I have a few slides with several buttons which then lead to several layers. I have created variables (true/false) which are connected to the buttons and would like an action where an 'additional information' button shows (changed from hidden to normal) when all variables (button clicks) are true. I can see that all of the criteria is met (variables all changed to true), but the additional info button does not show. I also have several button clicks (connected to variables) in layers which I would like to show the next button once all have been 'clicked', but can't get the button to show (change to 'normal').

Essentially, I would like to ensure that all buttons are 'clicked' on the slides before the learner can proceed. Can't see what I am doing wrong.

Messy sample attached (practice file). Slide 1 has 'tip' buttons with variables connected that don't respond to the triggers/actions.

Appreciate any assistance.

• On your first slide, there's only a trigger to change NEXT to Normal when the first variable changes. But there's no trigger to change it when the second variable changes. Thus, if the user clicks the button on the left first, the Ob_Ad_2 variable won't be true yet. (The Next button will appear if the user clicks the button on the right first.) 

In any case, you're making it more complicated than it needs to be. You don't need variables at that point. Just adjust your NEXT button when the buttons on that extra layer are Visited. 

The same fix applies to the second slide.