Forum Discussion

CindyHoll
Community Member
8 years ago

Learner Notes - Input Boxes

I would love to have a section that could be reachable at any point in the course for users to make notes or to comment?  Has anybody seen any work arounds? Seems like a HUGE feature request, its just that our case studies and focus groups are showing that the end user want's to be able to make notes.

ServStrat
    Community Member

We would love it if the note taking feature within a Rise course so that the learner can save and print or at least reference somehow throughout the course.

We vote to have this feature added!

• Hi Yvette,

We don't have a Notes feature or large text entry in Rise yet, although we're keeping on eye on the number of requests for it! That helps our team as they plan out new features, so I'll add your voice! 

In the meantime, you could create the block in Storyline with a text entry field. Those notes would be kept solely for the user as a Storyline block in Rise won't report the individual answers/question data to a  Learning Management System (LMS). 

NatalieEllis-b3
      Community Member

I want to have a notes section in Rise. I created a block in Storyline with a text entry field and imported it into Rise. The problem is that it doesn't save the user's notes. When they enter text, it disappears after they click into another lesson and return to the notes section. Am I missing something? Perhaps I just have a setting wrong?

Crystal-Horn
        Staff

Hi there, Customer Education Services. Sorry for the confusion! Storyline blocks always restart from the beginning once you return to them from another lesson. They will keep their progress while in the same Rise 360 lesson.

YvetteRicotta
    Community Member

I know this thread was a while ago, but was this feature ever added to Rise?  If not, the workaround may be to create a notes box within storyline and them import it into Rise.  I'm not 100% competent in Rise just yet, but the preliminary test I did seemed to work. 

• Thanks for letting us know this feature is important to you, Robert! We're still tracking the popularity of this request, and we'll let you know if it is added to our roadmap.

You can keep up with all of the new and exciting features we're adding to Rise right here!

rogertetu
    Community Member

I would agree with the request for note taking. This is coming from the L&D space for corporate training. We're looking to replace content created with iBooks Author which allows annotation for the students to study for tests, etc. and would love it if Rise offered the same!

• Hi Cindy,

I have yet to see a workaround in Rise that matches your description, but I know that many folks have accomplished it in Storyline 2 as you mentioned. I'm curious if you looked at how your Storyline courses behaved in the new responsive player that's a part of Storyline and Studio 360? Although it's not the same responsive set up as Rise, it's been receiving great feedback about how streamlined it is and the ease of use on a mobile device. You may want to take a look at the general FAQs on the responsive player here to get started. 

As for the idea of notes inside Rise, it's certainly a great concept for our team to investigate further, and we love to see those ideas here in ELH and also you're welcome to submit them as a feature request here! I'd love to know a bit more about what you're looking to see with this feature - would the notes be just for the user, or something reported to the LMS? Are they accessible only while in the course, or would you want a way for users to export or print them out? 

Thanks again for sharing and hope you're enjoying everything else that Articulate 360 offers! 

CindyHoll
    Community Member

Thanks Ron.

Appreciate the help in Storyline 2. We have been able to do this in the past, but would really like to have a fully responsive learning experience for this project. We love the full flexibility/customization of Storyline 2 but the huge hurtle is the responsiveness.