Forum Discussion

JaneJordan-f887
Community Member
2 years ago

links on images in Rise?

Is there any way to add a hyperlink to some words on an image in Rise or any part of that image 

• Hi Jane,

Thank you for bringing this feature request to our attention. We have forwarded it to the Rise development team and will keep you updated on any progress or updates.

• Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us, Sang. I've added your voice to this Rise 360 feature request. We’ll update this discussion if this feature makes it on our feature roadmap.

Have a great afternoon!

PhilFoss
    Community Member

Great news fam, if you follow my instructions for adding an inline image, you can add a link to the image with the built-in Rise text editor. Just select the image and use the hyperlink tool. Here's the video for adding an inline image in Rise, I use an image of a math equation in this example.

JasonLaMar-c69c
      Community Member

Brilliant, Phil! We're going to use this method for custom-embedded image links.

FelixFranke
    Community Member

Humph,

just tried this out, adding a hyperlink to some images I added on a Rise360 page, and as long as I am in edit mode, the link opens (in a new browser tab), but as soon as I go to preview mode or publish this in Review360, the link is gone...

If I then go back to edit mode, the link tag has actually vanished from the HTML code...

PhilFoss
      Community Member

Rise changed their 3rd party text editor recently which removes the customization ability we previously had. But I have a theory the new editor was selected in part due to its ability to be extended by Rise more easily than the old editor, so I think we'll see some of the typography and inline images functionality we've been waiting for being added in the near future.

FelixFranke
        Community Member

Hi Phil,

thanks for the explanation. Shame, I was just getting the hang of this 😂

Hope my older Rise courses are still working as they should.
        And that Articulate build in this functionality from the start...