Forum Discussion

LanaMcGill-1a34
Community Member
3 years ago

Master slide layer pausing when loading

Hi Articulate community, I'm hoping you might be able to help - it's a little confusing so I'll try and explain as best as I can.

I have a master slide set up with a layer on it, which I have created a countdown timer on. It counts down by reducing 'second' and 'minutes' variables each time the layer ends (which is 1 second long).

This is great until I create a slide with this master slide as its master, and put a layer on this new slide. This causes the master slide's layer (and therefore countdown timer) to stop.

I can't share the actual doc as it's work IP, but does anyone have any idea on how I can fix this, and make the master countdown timer work on all slide's layers?

Thanks

• There is a setting for properties for layers to "pause timeline of base layer" as well as "hide other slide layers". You might check those and see if that gives you what you might need. Click a layer and hit the gear in the bottom-right.

ElizabethCline
    Community Member

Hello!

I'm experiencing this same exact issue.  I have a countdown timer on the master slide.  However, when I add a layer, it causes the countdown timer to stop.  Adjusting the "Pause timeline of base layer" and "hide other slide layers" does not seem to be helping. 

Any other thoughts?

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Elizabeth,

Happy to help!

You're on the right track checking the slide properties to see which specific setting is pausing your Slide Master. I'll be glad to help check if its a trigger, slide setting, or both that is pausing the Slide Master. Would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case for testing? We'll delete it when we're done!