Forum Discussion

MarioG-31a154da
Community Member
2 years ago

Multiple "Actions" per Trigger

Is there a way to have one trigger perform multiple actions? Currently, I'm setting up several triggers all around one thing happening and haven't found a way around that. Sometimes it's not a big deal, other times it's a massive pain.

An example of what I'd like to do is:
"Adjust a variable AND change an object state WHEN timeline reaches Cue #1"

• Mario,

Not clear if this is what you are trying to do...but I'll take a chance.

If you want an object state change to occur when the timeline reaches cue#1 and you want a variable to change as well, why not create a trigger that looks like the following?

Slide Trigger
    Set Variable1 to True when the timeline reaches cue #1 on the slide level

Variable Trigger
    Set state of (object) to (your chosen state) when the Variable1 changes, if the Variable1 is True

Richard

• Create the adjust variable trigger, copy and paste it. Then within the trigger panel, on one of them, click "adjust" and from the drop down select change state. I think that is easier and as fast as what you suggest, which would involve adding an action, then from the same drop down making the same selection.

• To clarify, what I am hoping to do is to have one trigger (when timeline reaches cue #1) do multiple things (change state of rectangle to hidden AND set variable X to True).

I understand that this can currently be done with multiple triggers (1. when timeline reaches cue #1 change state of rectangle to hidden // 2. when timeline reaches cue #1 set variable X to True), but on a few slides I have several instances like this so I end up with dozens of triggers that are all variations of "When timeline reaches cue #n..." so it can be hard to keep track of all of that. 

It doesn't seem like this is possible at this time, which is fine.

----------

UPDATE: This isn't exactly what I was hoping for from a creation standpoint, but 'grouping' triggers does solve the organization of triggers, which is a step forward.