Forum Discussion

JanetGuastav914
Community Member
2 months ago

Name Variable Isn't Working

I have created a %FirstName% variable that works in the first scene but in no other scenes. Can you take a look at my project and see if you can spot the problem. (It doesn't work in scenes 2–5 in the published version.)

Thanks!

• If I run a quick test of setting a value and previewing they work fine, how are they not working?

• The name doesn't appear in the published version for the quiz responses and on the last slide in scene 5.

• Hi Janet, 

The name variables worked properly when I tested them in your quiz slides. 

Note that your learners have to click outside of the text entry box for the name to be assigned to the corresponding variable. If they move away from the slide without allowing the text box to lose focus, the variable won't get assigned correctly.

Hope this helps!

JanetGuastav914
      Community Member

Thank you so much for taking the time to examine my file for glitches. I think the tester didn't tab out of or click out of the text box, as you have suggested. It's working now.
      Very best,
      -Janet

[Janet A. M. Guastavino (pronouns are she and her) CalHR Workforce Development Division, Instructional Designer. Email address is janet.guastavino@calhr.ca.gov]
      Pronouns in the Workplace
      To receive emails of upcoming training offerings, please click Subscribe