Forum Discussion

JakePatterson-3
Community Member
3 months ago

Navigation during Review Quiz

Hello. I have a file (attached) in which there is a 10-question quiz and an option afterward to review the quiz. When this option is selected, the only navigation that appears is the "back" button, so the learner can only view the first question. I have enabled options and buttons from researching other discussions but I can't get this to work. 

I need the learner to go through the quiz, then to go back through each quiz question and see what they got right and what they got wrong. I want to use Storyline's automatic options, but I could customize some triggers if necessary. Who has any good ideas?

• The Next button hides on your question slides because they use a Master Layout with a trigger that hides the Next button when the timeline starts

I noticed you also edited the Slide Properties for all the questions so they include the Next button.

I assume you added the Next button to the Slide Properties so it would be available for the review, and wanted the hide-Next trigger for when the user is taking the test. Neither of those changes is needed.

For graded questions, you can leave the Next button unchecked in the Slide Properties. Storyline will still show the Next button when you use the Review Quiz feature. That's built-in functionality. 

So do this: 

• Delete all of the hide-Next triggers from the Masters Slides and Layouts. 
    • Uncheck/deselect the Next button in the Slide Properties for the questions.