Forum Discussion

JordanBarrie-2d
Community Member
21 hours ago

Pause/Play Button Restarts Slide

Hello,
I'm currently working on a number of WBTs and am experiencing an issue where slides are reset when the user unpauses. This seems to only occur on slides that have layers, and happens regardless of whether or not the layer is opened or closed. This occurs when reviewing the HTML file and when uploaded to the LMS. All slides are set to 'Reset to Initial State' when revisiting. Furthermore, if there are multiple audio tracks, when a slide is unpaused/resumed, the initial audio will continue but then will be overlapped by the next audio file in sequence. Any help would be appreciated.

• Hello JordanBarrie-2d! I don't think I've seen this behavior before. Is it possible that this only occurs when viewing the course in your LMS? You can test this out by uploading your course to SCORM cloud, which is a testing LMS environment. If it works as expected in SCORM cloud then I'd recommend reaching out to your LMS admin to determine if this is a known issue with the LMS. However, if the same behavior occurs in SCORM cloud then it is likely something related to the file. If that is the case, can you share the .story file with us in a support case so we can troubleshoot using the file?