Forum Discussion

KarenScott-003a
Community Member
2 years ago

Pixelated Video in Replay

When I open a video in replay, the image is distorted and pixelated. Thankfully when I published the video as an MP4, it's fine. But I can't see anything when looking in Replay. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Replay and that seems to have worked in the short term (about 2 weeks ago). But opening Replay today is showing the same issue. I don't want to have to keep uninstalling and reinstalling Replay. I have attached an image for reference.

amybabik
    Community Member

This issue just started happening to me in the last week. I used Jeanne's tip above and it worked perfect! Thank you so much!

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Amy!

So glad to hear Jeanne's post helped solve your issue! If you run into any setbacks moving forward, please let us know.

Have a great rest of your week!

JeanneRupprecht
        Community Member

Steven,

This issue was first reported back in 2022 and the workarounds were documented by other users over a year ago (See Page 1 of this issue). Any idea when this will be fixed? 

Thank you. 

ErinTrem
    Community Member

I am currently having this issue as well. Still no fix, Articulate??

LaurieFarley
    Community Member

Same issue - any video I import is a pixelated mess.  I've used Replay off and on for years with no problem - just started happening in last few months. The secret formula works. Click record to add a second of video on the end of your pixelated/imported video. Click stop, delete what you just recorded. And your original video is now fine. WTH? But it works!!

LaurieFarley
    Community Member

Another discovery on the pixelation problem. I work with dual monitors. If I open Replay and the video on my extended monitor, then I get the pixelation problem. If I drag the entire screen to my main monitor, the pixelation instantly goes away.

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hello Laurie, 

Sorry to hear that you ran into this issue. I opened a support case on your behalf so our support engineers can check what's causing the pixelation issue.

While waiting for someone to reach out, please check if both monitors have their scale values set to as close to 100% as possible. To check, right-click anywhere on your desktop, click Display settings, and then adjust the Scale value of your monitors to 100%. 

You're in good hands, and if adjusting the scale value doesn't work, a support engineer will be reaching out to continue troubleshooting the behavior with you.

• Hi fellow Replay 360 users!  I had a hunch that this "bug" regarding pixelation might be tied to Windows 11.  While my experiment was not exhaustive, I experience the pixelation problem (which is solved by minimizing and then enlarging Replay360) on my notebook (running Windows 11).  I uploaded Replay360 and Peek 360 to my virtual machine (running Windows 10), and the pixelation problem went away.  I provided this to the engineering team at Articulate, so hopefully it will narrow down their "search" for a permanent fix.