Forum Discussion

AlyssaKaszycki
Community Member
4 months ago

Play/Pause command for audio blocks

I have a relatively long audio block at the start of my lesson that essentially narrates the lesson as the learner scrolls through. I am curious if there is a way for them to easily play/pause as they go through (like a keyboard command) or a way for a player to follow them as the scroll, so that they dont have to scroll back up to the top every time they want to pause. I'm not super interested in dispersing audio blocks throughout the lesson in smaller chunks, but I am open to the argument that that is the better way to go if anyone has a strong opinion or experience trying to do something similar. 

AlyssaKaszycki
      Community Member

This worked great! They will just have to use the tab command to select the audio block then the space bar works for play pause throughout. Thank you!

PhilFoss
    Community Member

This reminds me of a project I'm working on- but instead of any keyboard or clicks, the audio timeline is what triggers the page to scroll to the related block of content. To use in Rise, you would need to put all content in the same lesson without any 'continue' dividers. So it's an audio-first method of presenting a lesson, I think the accessibility crowd will dig it.