Forum Discussion

OlliePotter
Community Member
4 years ago

Preview issues with Question Banks?

Hi Articulate,

Over the past couple of weeks I have been receiving issues when previewing questions.

I can preview the entire question bank fine, but if I want to preview an individual question, the majority of the time it doesn't load anything.

I have tried new questions banks, re-importing questions from a previous version, as well as re-building the questions entirely, but none have seemed to alleviate this issue.

Any help you could give would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Ollie

• Hi, Ollie.

Thank you for sharing the screenshot and for the details on what you're experiencing!

I have a few questions to narrow down the issue:

• Are you working from a local hard drive? We don't recommend working with files on a network drive. 
    • Is this happening with one specific .story file or any project that contains Question Banks?
    • Have you attempted to repair Storyline 360? Here are the instructions.

If a repair doesn't solve the issue, I'd like to connect you with one of our support engineers. You can open a case here and privately upload your .story file. 

OlliePotter
    Community Member

Hi Maria,

Many thanks for your prompt response! Answers below as requested:

• Are you working from a local hard drive? We don't recommend working with files on a network drive.

This is working from local files
    • Is this happening with one specific .story file or any project that contains Question Banks?

This has happened in various SL files
    • Have you attempted to repair Storyline 360? Here are the instructions.

No I haven't... I did upgrade to the most recent version although that had no effect.
      I'll give the repair a go and will see what's what and let you know.

Thanks for your help! I'll be in touch asap

OlliePotter
    Community Member

Hi Maria,

I have attempted the above although unfortunately, they still won't work.

What is bizarre is that the other question banks work fine?

Can you please get a support engineer t o assist?

Thanks,

Ollie

• Hi, Ollie.

Thank you for the additional details and for attempting the repair! I went ahead and opened a case on your behalf, so you should hear from our team via e-mail soon.