Forum Discussion

JessicaKohler-6
Community Member
4 years ago

Preview/Publish File not Displaying Content -- font corruption?

I've got a humdinger.

About the course: Published over a month ago with no issue, it's a single slide course with a hyperlink to take people to a training. We just need somewhere to bounce them in the LMS to track completion essentially.

My equipment: Macbook Pro running split PC using VMware Horizon Client. Issue currently affects all browsers across multiple test PC/Mac computers and Internet connections.

Currently experiencing: Course slide no longer displays in 360 Review or LMS Published file. You just see the frame of the player. Everything is grey.

What I've done:

• Removed each layer until the problem resolves. Discovered it's any text layer added in any file, new or existing. I've created two brand new files and reconstructed the file from scratch with no resolution.
  • I uninstalled and re-installed Storyline Articulate 360 several times, reverted to previous versions from the newest one. Nothing seems to abate the error in any of the three version files I'm attaching.

All files and screenshots attached. Please help. This kind of performance issue makes me real nervous for our compliance season coming this fall.

• Hi, Jessica, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes! ✨

Thank you for sharing the .story files and the screenshots, and also for all the details. Super helpful! 

I opened your first .story file in Storyline 360 (version 3.54.25674.0) using Parallels on a Mac. I published to Review 360 without issues. You can take a look at my test here.

Let me ask you a few questions:

• Are you working from a local hard drive? Working on a network drive can cause erratic behavior. 
    • If you're working on a local folder, is it set to auto-sync with a service such as OneDrive or Dropbox?

If that's not the issue, I recommend reaching out to our support engineers so they can help you troubleshoot through a case

• I'm working from a local drive, and not synced to a 3rd party service. I will definitely reach out to file a case with support engineers!