Forum Discussion

RachaelLundin-3
Community Member
2 years ago

Print Trigger results not accessible

Hello all,

I really want to use the Print Trigger to save content the user enters in their Learning Journal throughout my course.  The problem I'm having is when it prints to PDF, the resulting PDF isn't accessible.  The content appears as a picture of the slide, rather than in a format that is accessible by a screen reader.  Has anyone solved this?  Do I need a java script solution instead of the print trigger?  Does anyone have that java script written?  I should add that ultimately, I don't want to actually print the slide.  I want users to be able to save it.

• Hi Rachael!

I found a solution shared by another user that might fix what you're running into!

If that doesn't do the trick, please let us know!

• I'm so happy to hear that the solution Lauren shared with you did the trick! 🎉

Feel free to reach out in the future with any questions or discoveries in our E-Learning Heroes Community! 

Have a wonderful weekend, Rachael! 

RachaelLundin-3
      Community Member

Ok, I have two follow up questions.  1. What is the secret to influencing the reading order of the resulting PDF?  2. I can only get hyperlinks that are fully spelled out to work in the PDF.  Is there a more elegant way to include links in the PDF?

• Thank you Leslie!  For anyone else following, here is a start to some possible best practices based upon my limited experience so far.  Text seems to consistently read left to right, top to bottom, so that's good.  Avoid, and if possible, eliminate any buttons or graphics on the screen.  Alt Text and focus order within Storyline does not carry over to the PDF.

EricSantos
      Staff

Thanks for sharing these great tips, Rachel! Surely, this will be helpful to other community members who need their PDF output to be accessible.

Enjoy the rest of your day, and happy developing! 🙂