Forum Discussion

MichelleWeis347
Community Member
5 years ago

Publishing takes forever

Hi, 

lately, when I publish a storyline 360 project as video, it takes forever (well, I timed it takes over 30 min for a video of 2-3 min).

Did anything change? I'm working with Storyline for years and never had to wait so long. this has happened in several projects.

Thanks,

Michelle

• Hi Aukalen M,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue at random, and thank you for providing these details for our team! I've opened a support case on your behalf so we can investigate further. You'll be hearing from one of our Support Engineers soon via email.

• I am also experiencing very slow 'publish to Review' direct from Storyline 360. This has only happened over the last couple of months. I am using the office ethernet and have the latest version of Storyline. Publishing from Rise to Review doesn't have any issues.

• i am experiencing the same issue and it happened just today. is there a solution for this?

• Hi Norman,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm happy to help troubleshoot this issue and would like to start with clarifying questions to understand your experience better.

1. Are you experiencing very slow publishing to Review 360 or to video?
    2. Does this happen to all your Storyline projects or only to specific ones?
    3. Are you working locally or on a network drive?
    4. Have you tried running these steps to rule out an installation issue?
    5. It would also be helpful to see the affected Storyline file to understand why the publishing issue happens. Do you mind attaching your project to this discussion or privately in a support case? We'll delete it when we're done.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

• Hi,

Another individual having issues with long publishing times. 

I'm publishing to a LMS, using the Publish to LMS option inside of Articulate 360 Storyline.  I'm plugged into a network via ethernet (no wifi).  1000/1000 MBPS

My Storyline version is: 3.80.30988.0

And I ONLY have a problem with my project when they include video (s).  I also use Handbrake to reduce the size of my videos.  

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hello Kelly, 

I'll be glad to check this behavior out for you! 

Internet speed shoudn't be a factor when publishing a course to LMS since nothing gets downloaded/uploaded during this stage.

Would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a closer look at what's happening? We'll delete it when we're done testing!