Forum Discussion

Emma-ClaireBayl
Community Member
3 months ago

Quiz question attempts keep looping back to Try Again

Hi there

I have my quiz question attempts set to 2 attempts. In order to reset the slide to it's initial state I have set the triggers on the Try Again layer to hide this layer and to jump to slide 'this slide'. On the main layer, I have it set to initial state upon revisiting. This works fine, however it isn't adhering to the attempt number that has been set and is instead just looping to the Try Again layer over and over again until the user gets the question correct. 

How do you propose I fix this? Variables?

Thanks

• When you reset a question to its initial state, that resets the counter for the attempts. 

For graded questions, I think it's best to keep the revisit setting at "Automatically decide." That lets you rely on the built-in programming. Storyline automatically resets a graded question to allow the user to answer it again after clicking the default Try Again button.

However, the program doesn't "erase" the users previous answer(s). If that's what you want to do, add triggers to the "Try Again" button to change each answer back to the Normal state.