Forum Discussion

RozGilmour
Community Member
3 months ago

Quiz results not showing correct/incorrect responses

I have a short quiz with 7 questions in it.  If you pass the test, you can move on, if you fail you can review the quiz or retake.  When I review the quiz, for some reason it is only showing the results of q6 & q7.  It is not going through all the questions.  I have set the results slide to show correct/incorrect responses when reviewing so not sure why it only shows 2.  Within the slide properties I have changed when revisiting automatically decide, to resume save state.

Any suggestions?

Roz

• As per the Quiz Settings, q6 & q7 are the only questions included in the Results score: 

Select all of the quiz questions to include them all in the scoring and the Review.

RozGilmour
    Community Member

Of course thank you.  I previously had those selected but at some point must have undone them.  If you dont mind, I have another question.  I have looked at a few discussions but the answers dont resolve it for me. 

On the results slide I have set a trigger to When timeline starts on this later set the state of next button to disabled so that the user cannot move on without redoing the quiz - if they fail.  On the Success layer I have a trigger When timeline starts on this later set the state of next button to normal, so that the user can continue.  This does not work for me - the Next button is still disabled.  These settings are not in the file I sent.

Thanks

Roz

JudyNollet
      Super Hero
      Roz Gilmour

... On the results slide I have set a trigger to When timeline starts on this later set the state of next button to disabled so that the user cannot move on without redoing the quiz - if they fail.  On the Success layer I have a trigger When timeline starts on this later set the state of next button to normal, so that the user can continue.  This does not work for me - the Next button is still disabled.  These settings are not in the file I sent.

As I understand it, your Results slide has a trigger on the Failure layer that disables the Next button when the layer's timeline starts. A trigger on the Success layer enables the Next button. 

That should work to prevent the user from advancing if they fail the quiz, yet let them advance if they pass. 

Why is your Next button still disabled? Troubleshooting would just be guessing without seeing the .story file. If you upload it, someone might be able to solve the issue. Here are the best practices for uploading one:

• Only include slides that are related to the problem.
      • Be sure objects, layers, motion paths, and variables have meaningful names.
      • If there is proprietary content, replace or delete it. For example, replace proprietary text with “ipsum lorem” text.

Alternately, if you double-check your triggers and verify that what should work isn't working, you could submit a case to the support staff here: https://access.articulate.com/support/contact