Forum Discussion

mandy_lasky
Community Member
14 days ago

Random questions with corresponding info slides

Hi, everyone!

I'm hoping to set up a pattern within my course: 

Random question slide + content slide that's related to that specific question, then another random question slide + related content slide, etc. Six of these pairs total.

The question bank option that would randomize the questions seemed like a good start, but we lose the effect of the question bank once we go outside of it to visit the related content slide. 

That led me to try random numbers 1-6, but as we progress into the activity and the variable has to keep recalculating to avoid jumping to a question slide we've already seen, the lag time is pretty noticeable.

I found this, which seems fairly close to what I want to do with the exception of directing the learner to a related content slide after answering a question, but the lag time is still significant in my project. https://www.4-pt.co.uk/2018/09/25/insight-building-a-random-question-quiz/

I've thought about adding an animation to make the lag look more intentional, but would love if there was a cleaner solution :)

Any suggestions would be welcome! Thank you!

• Have you have tried adding the content slides in the Question Bank as well (The slides in a bank do not have to be questions.) and then lock them together?

mandy_lasky
    Community Member

Oh my gosh, I had no idea that was an option. I'm going to dig in and see what I can come up with there, but this is really promising! Thank you so much!