Forum Discussion

ShannonHart-470
Community Member
6 years ago

Re-order or alphabetize an accordion list in Rise

Am I overlooking an option to re-order or alphabetize an accordion in Rise?  I added some new content to a previously-made accordion and it will only put the new items at the very bottom of the list. 

• Hi Katrina, and thanks for reaching out!

You can re-order the items to reflect alphabetical order by following these steps:

• Select Edit on the left side of the screen.
    • Hover over an item until you see three small dots appear on the left side, and your cursor changes.
    • Select the three dots, and drag the item up or down to rearrange.

Here is a quick peek demo to show you how it's done. Let me know if you have additional questions!

LearningExpe320
      Community Member

I probably would never have figured how to re-order items in an accordion block out without visually seeing your Demo! Kudos!

KatrinaGraham
    Community Member

Hi Kelly, Thank you for your reply and the demo :) I have been using the drag function. I was just wondering if there was a one click alphabetise function to save me from manually dragging each of my glossary terms into alphabetical order. I learned the hard way to get it right the first time since dragging is fairly tedious once there are more than 15 items to drag around! Cheers, Katrina

KatrinaGraham
        Community Member

Thanks, Karl. It does the trick. Just a little tedious when lists become unwieldly. It will be great to have an alphabetised option at some point in the future! Till then, there are worse things in life than a few minutes of dragging! And better things to focus on :) Wishing you a lovely day.