Forum Discussion

SandraChen-8fe1
Community Member
11 months ago

Received Exception > Storyline.exe - EXCEPTION

Hello,

Today I received an exception warning dialog box titled "Storyline.exe - EXCEPTION." The warning states "Breakpoint: A breakpoint has been reached." On 10/13/23, I did not receive this exception. As of today, I have received the exception on two different Storyline files. The last Storyline 360 update version = v3.80.31038.0. 

The Storyline file will launch, but if you click on "OK", it WILL CLOSE the Storyline file. In order to proceed in editing a Storyline file, I must leave the "Storyline.exe - EXCEPTION" dialog box open. I may assume this exception is a "bug" for Storyline 360. Is there a "bug fix" in the works?

Thank you kindly.

• Hi, has a fix been identified for this issue. I am receiving the same error when I upgraded to Articulate 360 November 28, 2023 (Build 1.82.31354.0) and Storyline 360 November 28, 2023 (Build 3.82.31354.0). The error occurs when launching the app. Plus doing these upgrade also removed my Storyline 3.19 version even though it says you can have both 360 and Storyline 3 installed at the same time.

• Hi, we've got the same issue since October. Articulate Support suggested to try a full uninstall-data wipe-reinstall, but this didn't work either. The problem persists.

• Hello, 

I updated Storyline 360 to version v3.82.31354.0 yesterday. Still receiving breakpoint exception today. 

Submitted internal company IT support ticket previously, but no resolution in place. The exception prevents previewing slides, scenes, projects, and makes other features crash or not function at all. 

We have tried all solutions provided by Articulate Support with no change. :(

• Russ, I see that you've reached out to our Support Engineers! You're in great hands and should hear from our team shortly.

George and Sandra,

I'm sorry that this issue still persists. Are you running Articulate 360 on a PC or on a Mac using a virtual environment? Is it possible to share a screen recording of what you're seeing on your end?

• Thanks, Lauren. I'm running the software on Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 22H2, System build 19045.3393 with Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19044.1000.0.

I've unistalled, wiped all data from the 32-bit version and reinstalled it and also did a new installation of the 64-bit version. I keep getting the error.

Once I get the error and click on "OK", the software closes. Please see video attached.

(the message in English should read:  "A breakpoint has been reached in the source program")

LaurenConnelly
      Staff

Hello George!

Thank you so much for sharing this screen recording! This sounds like something I'd like our support engineers to take a look at, especially since you've already uninstalled.

I've opened a case on your behalf and escalated it to our Support Engineers! You'll hear from our team shortly.

• Hello all, just a quick update from my side.

The problem was identified and it was our antivirus (we use Sophos).

The app CefSharp was getting blocked causing the exception error. We added it to the whitelist and the problem was immediately gone.

Maybe that helps!

JulieGray
      Community Member

[like] Julie Gray reacted to your message: