Forum Discussion

JeffreyFoster
Community Member
22 days ago

Recent Update 27 Aug Storyline - Black Screen

I try to keep the products updated with the latest upgrades and did the 27 August update (August 27, 2024 (3.91.33096.0).  However, when attempting to play the course after publishing only a black screen would appear (LMS and tapping the browser icon) .  

I had actually updated and loaded 4 courses to the LMS and all of them exhibit the same behavior (black screen - won't play).  

To fix, I reloaded an earlier version dated 30 July and the courses now work fine.  I notice that a new version dated 28 August just came out today but I am afraid to try that version as it did not mention the issue I am having.  I also notice that the Aug 27 version no longer shows up on the "Other Versions" section.  

Wondering if others have had the same issue.  

Thanks!  

• Hello Jeffrey, 

Sorry to hear that you ran into this issue. 

Can I ask if you were able to test your course in a different LMS to see if the behavior is LMS-specific? SCORM Cloud is a good environment to test your course for this purpose.

We're also not seeing any other reports of courses opening a black screen in the community, so there's a chance that the behavior is isolated. Please test in SCORM Cloud to confirm, and if you can replicate the behavior there, share a copy of your project file here or privately by opening a support case for testing. We'll delete it when we're done!