Forum Discussion

OwenHolt
Super Hero
6 years ago

Relative Start on Motion Path not so relative after all.

I have a motion path with a relative start point on a dial that has an offset pivot point.  I've worked this successfully in the past with SL3 where regardless of how my dial image was rotated, the dial itself moved along the motion path maintaining the state of the dial.  However, for some reason in SL360, the image used for the dial jumps to a different start point, runs the animation, then jumps to a result that is actually how/where I would have expected the image to have moved to along a smooth path. It is as though SL recognizes the start and end state of the animation, but runs everything along a motion path somewhere offset to where it should be.
Thoughts as to what is causing this?  I'm thinking it has something to do with my offset pivot (rotation) point but as I said, this wasn't an issue when I was using SL3.

• Hi Owen,

I have great news to share! We are no longer seeing this issue in our latest version of Storyline 360 (Build 3.73.29831.0), where a motion path is not working properly in the Modern Player.

To make sure your software is up-to-date, please launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and select the Update button next to Storyline 360. I've included our step-by-step instructions here!